The Solutreans (-17000 years BC) had established their camp under the projection of a cliff which overlooked a peaceful river, in the valley of the Rock. They adorned the rock wall with a sculpted frieze discovered in 1927 by Dr Léon Henri-Martin.
This prehistoric site today houses a faithful sculpted reproduction of the parietal frieze, representing animals.
The scenographic arrangements are designed in osmosis with the physical discovery route of the site: from Léon Henri Martin's excavation hut, restored, to the interpretation route on the site, where the signage and scenography elements make it possible to inform the public through a discourse with a pedagogical, educational, playful and sensory dimension.
Pleasant and shaded 670 m path to access the site
- Groups welcome up to 19 people.
Individual visit services
- Unguided individual tours permanently
Open every day from 8 a.m. to 21 p.m.
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs