Built by the architect Edouard Warin and the engineer Pommier, the halls have
replaced in 1888 the Châtelet, former XNUMXth century fortified castle, transformed
subsequently in prison.
This beautiful architecture combining glass and iron is directly inspired by the models
Parisians and in particular the central halls of Paris.
To the north takes place the forecourt or "the basket", space reserved for the outdoor market, and to the south the recent redevelopments have restored a lively square in direct connection with the urban fabric.
Individual visit services
- Guided individual tours on request
- Unguided individual tours permanently
Closed on Mondays.